Patrese People is a recruitment agency.
On behalf of our client we are recruiting an experienced collections officer.
You will be experienced in debt collection, have a good understanding of laws and regulations within the debt collection industry.
You will be customer focussed, have strong negotiation skills and have a confident telephone manner understanding how best to achieve results.
As the Collections Officer, you will monitor customer accounts and records implementing the collections cycle when customers exceed their payment terms. During this process you will understand the importance of managing the customer/account according to their account terms and ensure Australian Debt Collections Guidelines/Company Policies are adhered to at all times.
- Recognise customer accounts which are overdue and action the debt collection cycle promptly either verbally or by email
- Run frequent Aged Debtor reports to keep abreast of payments
- Create and maintain electronic records throughout the debt collection process
- Monitor the payments received via different portals, direct debit, Ezypay and processing of credit card payments
- Manage the entire debt collection cycle
- Keep up to date with compliance regulations
- Inbound and outbound telephone calls
- Other ad-hoc duties as required
The Right Person
- Minimum 2 years experience as a collections officer
- Superior customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – clear, articulate and confident.
- Ability to work autonomously or within a team environment
- be proactive and a problem solver
- Your business practices will be ethical and done with integrity whilst adhering to company policies and debt collection compliance
You will be supported by your team and will receive ongoing training as required.